Monday, October 5, 2009

Now leaving Richmond.







Several days after we arrived, we're on our way out of Richmond. After being introduced to Mojo's by Crandall on our first night in town, we found it hard to stay away from the bar/resturant when we weren't asleep in the dutchmen. Over the past days, I've been surviving primarily on Mojo's Philly's that, in my opinion, warrant a passing of the crown from the city that gave the sandwich it's name.

Even with our days filled with Philly's, we still managed to meet some cool people (thanks for the shots Dave and Vonda), ride the fbm ramps alongside some great murals and graffiti, save a praying mantis, and tune up our bikes, which, luckily, was much easier than Crandalls undertaking. We had planned on leaving yesterday morning but were offered a ride to a skatepark near the Virginia coast by mr. Rob Tibbs, and couldn't turn down the opportunity to check out the park and knock off some mileage from our trek.

In the car now headed for the coast for a day of riding then we're on our own again.


Thanks to everybody who helped us out in Richmond, especially Steve Crandall, Shelly,and Shony B for the place to lay our heads at night and Rob Tibbs for the ride and the discount bar tabs.


2 comments:

  1. Gee how come you didn't want to stay 3 days with old BikeMike. Just Kidding. Glad your Ok
    Bet it's starting to sink in what you got yourselves into on this trip. Well you inspired me to take a trip.......by car,out west in the spring. I gave notice to my landlord and bought a netbook. Using it now. Beats shit outta some Iphone. In April I leave and am staying on the road as long as I can stand it. Long as I stay within my income. It could be a long time. Ride safe guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently had a few questions on my mind, mainly, where is Jeff Smee, and what is he up to, both of which are answered by this blog.

    I just read and caught up on this whole thing just now, but it sounds like you (and Bryce) are having an amazing adventure and doing a great thing.

    Happy and safe travels, hope to catch up with you again soon. I think last I saw you was when our paths crossed in Wisconsin.

    - Prasheel

    ReplyDelete